After fifteen years in the advertising field, I chose to change careers, "or the career chose me". I went into the teaching world. After six years teaching in community art centers and six and a half years of teaching in a private school in Boston, I decided to leave to concentrate on my own work. It has been over two years and I am now spending much of my time creating for me, from my heart. I still teach some after school programs and Elders classes. I have been learning the world of vending and set up shop at farmers markets and art/craft shows. I am loving life and getting better every day as an artist.
I am very interested in building community. I enjoy creating murals, and other visual art with youth to brighten up neighborhoods. I have been working with many organizations in Egleston Square to revitalize the Egleston Square / Roxbury portion of the annual Wake Up The Earth Parade.
- Art education for Home School groups.
- Visual art projects for Community organizations.
- Visiting guest Artist in public and private Schools.
- Curriculum design.
- Organizing classrooms.
- Best practice standards.
- Collaborating with faculty to build Art curriculum that helps strengthen math, and writing skills.
- We adored your art program and thank you for the art enthusiasm you have fostered in our kids.
- You should know that you were one of the main reasons we decided on the School for our girls back in 2007. When our tour went up to the top floor, and I saw this big sunny room, with you looking like you didn't want to be anywhere else but right there with the kids, and you said, "Come on in! Come see what we are doing," that really got me. It was a turning point in our decision process.
- Just wanted to let you know that on one of daughters applications for her next school, she had to write an essay about someone in her life who has influenced and inspired her, and that person was YOU! I think I would get in trouble by her, if I told you exactly everything she wrote...but the last sentence was "Mr. A is just an all around great guy!"
- Thank you for working with my son this winter and spring: he looked forward to his sessions with you more than any other activity he has had this year. He has really been inspired by you and enjoyed being mentored by an energetic artist.